Fake Naked Photos of Thousands of Women Shared Online
- Fake nude images of more than 100,000 women have been created from social media pictures and shared online, according to a new report
- Clothes are digitally removed from pictures of women by Artificial Intelligence (AI), and then shared on the messaging app Telegram
- Some of those targeted “appeared to be underage”, the report by intelligence company Sensity said, but those running the service said it was simply “entertainment”
- Sensity claim the technology used is a “deepfake bot”.
- Deepfakes are computer-generated, often realistic images and video, based on a real template, often used to create faked pornographic video clips of celebrities
- Sensity’s chief executive Giorgio Patrini said the shift to using photos of private individuals is relatively new
- “Having a social media account with public photos is enough for anyone to become a target,” he warned