TikTok announce new feature to prevent seizures in epileptic users
- TikTok has announced a new feature that will allow people with photosensitive epilepsy to skip videos that could trigger seizures
- It comes a few months after it began labelling videos featuring effects such as flashing lights
- The Skip All option, to be rolled out in the next few weeks, will allow users to set their profile to not show these videos
- An epilepsy charity said it hoped other social-media sites would follow suit
- Users who come across a photosensitive video will receive a notification inviting them to skip all similar videos in future
- TikTok said it wanted to make the platform “accessible for everyone”.
- “Given the visual nature of our platform, we’re beginning this work with a series of photosensitivity features,” it added