Private school teacher jailed for having sex with pupil
- A private school teacher who had sex with a pupil has been jailed\
- A man who taught at St Joseph’s College in Reading, groomed the girl before having sex with her on three occasions, Reading Crown Court heard
- The ex-head of maths, 33, was sentenced to 22 months in prison after admitting the offences and he will go on the sex offenders register for 10 years.
- Judge Paul Dugdale described it as one of the “most serious” abuse of position of trust cases he has had to deal with
- The court heard he had sent the girl explicit texts and Snapchat messages, before having sex with her in his car after a school sports day