Instagram algorithms will not recommend Reels recycled from TikTok
- Instagram wants people to stop posting recycled TikToks to Reels
- Instagram says it’s making changes to its algorithm and how it recommends Reels to users
- Along with that, it’s issuing new best practices on its @creators account to give Instagram users tips on how to make content that’s likely to be seen and promoted
- The team now recommends that Reels users post vertical videos that use music found in Instagram’s library or sounds that they find on Reels
- They also suggest “starting a trend” that others can participate in, like dance crazes, as well as “entertaining” and “fun” content
- Reels that are mostly covered by text, are blurry, have a watermark or logo, or have a border around it won’t be recommended as frequently.
- For the full story, select here