Teachers dealing with sexualised comments and threats of violence from pupils
- Teachers often face “derogatory sexualised” language, violence and threats from pupils in the classroom, a union conference has heard.
- The NASUWT conference condemned schools and colleges that claim “unacceptable” student behaviour is “part of the job”.
- A survey of over 4,700 union members found 38% of teachers had been verbally abused, and 10% threatened with violence.
- “We need to reclaim our classrooms, but we cannot do it alone,” said NASUWT executive member Wendy Exton.
- For the full story, select here.