Thursday 17th of June 2021
Spielman clarifies position on naked images being sent between students
- Ofsted Chief Inspector Amanda Spielman has issued a clarification that naked images sent between students can be a safeguarding issue.
- In a hearing of the Commons Education Select Committee, Ms Spielman appeared to suggest that male students sending naked photographs of themselves was not a safeguarding issue.
- Ms Spielman has now issued a clarification of her remarks on social media and said that sending naked images was a safeguarding issue.
- She said that at the hearing, “at one point I was questioned about how schools should respond to incidents where naked images are sent to girls and my comments have been interpreted by some people to mean that I don’t view this as a safeguarding issue. That isn’t what I said and that isn’t what I think.”
- For the full story, select here.