Social media branded as the potential future of education
- Digital education company FutureLearn completed a survey that found 37% of those born between 1997 and 2015 use Instagram and 24% use Twitter to top-up education in learning.
- An example of this the reliance on social media for self-education on social topics such as Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ+ rights and climate change.
- A generational gap exists, with only 6% of older generations doing the same.
- This new trend is thought to extend from the COVID pandemic and how the delivery of education was completely overhauled.
- For full story, read here.