EA is opening the patents for some of its accessibility tech in games
- Electronic Arts is pledging to open its patents for some of its accessibility-related features across various games.
- These games include Apex Legends, FIFA and Madden.
- EA hopes that allowing open-source coding will help address current issues in games with brightness, contrast, and colour-blindness.
- This comes after the success of Apex Legends’ ‘ping system’ that allows players to engage in team-play without hearing or speaking.
- For tips on helping children stay safe while gaming, check out our blog post.
- Full story, here.