COVID-19 vaccine rollout for young people to begin in UK schools
- All children aged 12 to 15 across the UK will be offered a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine soon.
- Invitations will be offered, and parental consent will be sought soon for the school-based vaccination programme.
- This follows advice from the four UK Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) that administering the vaccine will help reduce disruptions in education due to the pandemic.
- Vaccinations in England are expected to begin by the 22nd of September with more information to come for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Click here for our helpful short animation and activity on explaining COVID-19 to children.
- Full story, here.