Instagram is testing new ‘Map Search’ feature for business discovery
- Instagram has launched a live test of a new feature called ‘Map Search’ in Australia and New Zealand.
- The feature allows users to discover businesses and locations of interest on the in-app map, find information on each business and access public posts tagged in that location.
- Users with access are being prompted to tap on the map icon at the top right of the Discover tab which highlights cafes, restaurants, shops, entertainment venues and more.
- Businesses can list opening hours, their address, price information and connect their own Instagram profile and posts.
- This feature accompanies WhatsApp’s new ‘Businesses Nearby’ directory being tested in São Paulo in users contact listing that operates in a similar way.
- Instagram’s Map Search will also connect to users’ public stories which have been location tagged, these will be accessible for other users across the globe.
- Full story, here.