Welsh government launches smacking ban ad campaign before law change
- An advertising campaign has been launched in Wales to make parents and carers aware of the upcoming law criminalising smacking children.
- From March 2022, it will be illegal for anyone in Wales, including visitors, to use any type of physical punishment such as smacking, hitting, slapping, and shaking on children.
- The government outlines that the law will give children the same protection from assault as adults.
- The ad campaign called The Sound of Change was launched to raise awareness of the legislation.
- The Welsh government has also announced that £2.9 million will be available to local authorities over four years to fund positive parenting support.
- Full story, here.