Roblox hosting teen online interactions seminar for parents
- Roblox has partnered with Internet Matters on research and discussions with UK teens about their daily online lives and how the internet is “feeling more like real life”.
- Roblox are hosting a seminar titled ‘Demystifying teens online interactions – what they want us to know about their digital lives’.
- The seminar will discuss key report findings from their research and host expert discussions with various guests including CEO of Internet Matters, Carolyn Bunting and the VP of Civility and Industry Relations at Roblox, Tami Bhaumik.
- Topics will cover how online friendships are formed, the value of healthy online communities, digital identity, creative expression through digital platforms and the type of support young people need.
- Full webinar description, here.
Commission on Young Lives launches call for evidence
- The Commission on Young Lives, an independent commission, has opened a call for evidence.
- The commission was set up to research and design a new national system to support vulnerable young people in England.
- The commission wants to hear from frontline workers, system leaders and commissioners, and those with lived experience.
- The evidence will help identify trends, gather ideas for practice and policy solutions and inform new practice models.
- Many areas will be considered, including what leads to vulnerability and crisis, why services aren’t fully effective, how vulnerable families and communities living in high-risk situations can be supported and how schools and colleges can be inclusive.
- The call for evidence will close on the 30th of November 2021.
- Full story, here.