Social media gambling adverts ‘more appealing to children than adults’
- Gambling advertising on social media is significantly more appealing to children and young people than to adults.
- A new study carried out by the University of Bristol found that disguised gambling marketing and adverts for Esports betting were more enticing to under 25s.
- The adverts were found to trigger positive emotions.
- The study involved more than 650 children, young people and adults across the UK surveyed between May and July 2021.
- Most of the adults stated they felt wary or annoyed by gambling adverts, but children mainly reacted positively.
- The report calls for tighter regulations on all gambling content and bans on Esports gambling advertising, to prevent youngsters from succumbing to addiction.
- Full story, here.