Twitch’s new policy will ban ‘harmful misinformation super spreaders’
- Twitch will ban users who repeatedly spread harmful misinformation on the platform.
- The policy
- Topics covered in the ban include false information about COVID-19 vaccines and harmful health misinformation.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.
UK justice system risks causing fresh trauma to women and girls
- A study has found that vulnerable young women and girls with previous experiences of abuse and violence are at risk of re-traumatisation in the criminal justice system.
- The Young Women’s Justice Project report urges that action must be taken to break the “cycle of abuse, inequality and offending”.
- The report also shows that girls in custody self-harm at a higher rate than boys and 63% of girls aged 16 to 24 have experienced rape or domestic abuse.
- You can read the full story on The Guardian’s website.
Young girl returned after kidnapping by man she met on Roblox
- A 13-year-old girl in the US has been returned home safely after she was allegedly kidnapped by a man she met through children’s app Roblox.
- Police believe the girl was sexually assaulted “many times”.
- The man convinced the young girl to leave her home after two days of speaking on the platform.
- You can read the full story on BBC’s website.
Police conduct major county lines sting operation
- Police have disrupted a major county lines drug network between the South West and North West of England.
- Officers seized various drugs, guns, knives, crossbows, and cash in a two-day operation.
- To find out more information about County Lines, check out our article.
- You can read the full story on ITV’s website.
Children’s rights must be ‘understood by all’
- The annual “State of Children’s Rights in Scotland” report has been published.
- The report has identified key challenges in the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
- Findings show a gap between theory and practice in engaging young people in decision-making processes and children (particularly those at risk) are often excluded from the system.
- You can read the full story on The National’s website.