Instagram launches chronological and ‘favourites’ feeds for all users
- Instagram has launched new feed options for all users across mobile versions on iOS and Android.
- A new ‘Following’ view will show posts from accounts that users follow and a new-feed filtering ‘Favourites’ option to show favourite accounts.
- Both views will show posts in the order they are posted, and users can select which view they want to access from the top-left under the word ‘Instagram’.
- You can read the full story on Instagram’s Newsroom website.
UK has the highest metaverse curiosity in Europe
- According to new research by Walkme.com, the UK are the most curious about the metaverse.
- While France had the highest number of searches for metaverse by 1,020 searches, people in the UK were more likely to repeatedly search for metaverse information.
- For more information on the metaverse, check out our article.
- You can read the full story on Consultancy UK’s website.
Teacher-parent disconnect on who is responsible for online safety
- New research by RM, a technology supplier in the education sector, has shown that parents and staff are divided over pupil online safety.
- All schools surveyed felt that they had provided parents with guidance on children’s use of social media but only 59% of parents claimed to have received the guidance.
- Despite the majority of school-aged children using technology, over two fifths of parents (42%) admitted to not applying parental controls to devices.
- You can read the full story on the FE News website.
Hundreds of companies potentially hit by Okta hack
- Hundreds of companies that rely on Okta to provide access to their networks may have been affected by a cyber-attack on the company.
- The cyber-gang Lapsus$ is behind the attack.
- Otka has more than 15,000 clients – from larger companies, including FedEx, to smaller organisations, such as Thanet District Council, in Kent.
- You can read the full story on the BBC’s website.