Meta will let Horizon creators sell virtual items
- Horizon Worlds is Meta’s social metaverse platform for Quest VR headsets which is soon coming to mobile phones and maybe game consoles.
- Meta is testing new features to allow creators to make money within Horizon Worlds.
- Horizon creators will be able to sell virtual items and effects, for example, access to a VIP section, in the worlds they create for others to explore.
- To read more about the Metaverse, check out our article.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.
Frontline police not taught how to investigate tech companies
- According to training documents, frontline police in the UK are not being taught what evidence they can collect from technology companies.
- Officers are taught that they need to obtain specialist support or advice to seek evidence in cases involving social media apps or services.
- However, the training fails to address how this can contribute to an investigation.
- You can read the full story on Sky News’ website.
Boris Johnson’s LGBT adviser calls for commission to ‘detoxify’ trans debate
- Boris Johnson’s LGBT adviser has said he is “dismayed” by the decision not to include transgender people in a ban on conversion therapy.
- He called for a royal commission to “detoxify” and take the politics out of the trans debate.
- The government has faced fierce criticism over a series of U-turns on legislation to outlaw conversion therapy.
- Previously, the former director of legislative affairs at No.10 said that the omission of trans people would have ‘profound consequences for children struggling with gender dysphoria’.
- You can read the full story on The National’s website.
‘Sextortion’ cases more than double in North Wales
- Cases of blackmail over so called ‘online sex pictures’ have more than doubled in North Wales, with 73 cases already this year.
- Previous figures from the police force showed 43 cases in 2021 and 19 in 2020.
- Victims are usually unaware their activity has been recorded and a demand will be made for money, with threats to circulate images or videos if they do not pay.
- You can read the full story on the Deeside website.
Sexual abuse and harassment among students in Staffordshire
- As many as 90% of girls may have experienced, or know someone who has experienced, some form of peer-on-peer harassment during their school years in Staffordshire.
- As a result, a panel of organisations met including safeguarding, youth offending and school representatives.
- Recommendations put forward include creating a resource bank for education leaders and identifying ways to share best practice and knowledge.
- You can read the full story on the Lichfield Live’s website.