Instagram testing new Stories layout that hides excessive posts
- Instagram Stories is testing a new layout that hides excessive posts.
- Users can currently post 100 Stories at once and this is likely to stay the same after the update.
- The update introduces a ‘Show All’ button that a user must tap after the third story to see the rest.
- You can read the full story on 9 to 5 Mac’s website.
Online Safety Bill fails to stop violence against women and girls
- Charities and women’s organisations claim the current provisions in the Online Safety Bill addressing online violence against women and girls are inadequate.
- They have drafted a code of practice that would focus on the prevention of violence rather than on content takedown and help websites address underlying causes.
- The code includes 13 areas for tech companies to focus on and includes best practice guidance around safety by design, moderation, and victim support.
- You can read the full story on the Independent’s website.
Police Scotland probe child sex claims against two officers
- The National Sexual Crimes Unit is investigating claims of child sexual exploitation involving two officers from Police Scotland in 2014.
- A report was received on the 9th of May following an investigation carried out by Sky News about organised sexual abuse in Glasgow.
- According to Sky News, a woman who is now 22 claimed she was groomed and sold for sex by a man to up to 30 men a day including 2 police officers.
- You can read the full story on the STV News website.