PS5 adds a TikTok-like editor to its game clips editor
- Sony have launched a new quick editing mode for PS5’s Share Factory Studio which will allow users to create short gameplay videos.
- These videos will be created following the pre-set TikTok-like format.
- The update will allow users to choose a curated ‘Bit’ style for their gameplay videos.
- ‘Bit’ themes will change every week, based on special events, holidays, seasons and trending content.
- Find out more about this update on the Engadget website.
Facebook plans redesign to become more like TikTok
- Facebook is working on a major design of their main feed.
- According to a memo from a Facebook executive, this will allegedly involve more recommended content including reels from pages, creators and people you don’t follow.
- The goal is to shift Facebook towards a ‘Discovery Engine’ which will rely on algorithmic recommendations.
- Despite this, there is potential for this to push harmful content on to the feeds of young people.
- However, Facebook have highlighted that they have an obligation to ‘reduce negative experiences’, following claims of promoting misinformation.
- Find out more about the planned redesign on the Engadget website.
Meta publishes new videos which highlights possibility of metaverse vision
- Meta (Facebook’s parent company) have released a new promo campaign which looks to highlight the expanded potential of the metaverse.
- They stated that the metaverse has “tangible potential on healthcare, education and skills training”.
- No timeline or concrete examples of how they plan to put their vision across are yet announced.
- Check out our article on the metaverse.
- You can read the full story on the Social Media Today’s website.