Sharp decline in the use of Facebook and Instagram
- A new report by the Wall Street Journal found a drop in usage of Facebook and Instagram.
- According to the report, engagement with Instagram reels has dropped by 13.6% in recent months.
- In comparison, TikTok users are spending up to ten times as many hours on the app as Instagram users currently spend viewing reels.
- For more on this story, go to the Social Media Today
Apples patches iPhone and macOS flaws under active attack
- Apple has pushed out five security fixes including two vulnerabilities in its iPhones, iPads and Mac operating systems that are already being exploited.
- Apple didn’t disclose any additional details about these two vulnerabilities or how they are being exploited by cybercriminals.
- Both were reported by anonymous bug hunters.
- For more on this, please go to the Register website.
Data protection trends in children’s online gaming
- Gaming companies will face significant legal and business risks if they treat all players in the same way.
- However, many only require age assurance, not age verification meaning that underage children are at risk.
- Some youth advocates worry that “flagging” an underaged user may draw the attention of predatory actors just as reliably as it would trigger protective controls
- For more on this, please visit the iapp website.